Wise Staffing is looking to fill a position for a CNC Machinist for the Decatur, AL area.
Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations, and identify conformity of material requirements.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Able to hold tolerances as close as .0005″.
- Able to work efficiently while maintaining all safety standards.
- Train others as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance on machines and tooling.
- Monitor all vital fluids on equipment.
- Ability to identify equipment malfunctions.
Other job related duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Five years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com